Thursday, December 01, 2005

Returning home?

I feel like it's campaigning time, but it's not for a presidential election. It's a campaign to assure evacuated citizens that New Orleans is such a wonderful place to live again. Personally, if I was in the same position as Mr.Nagin, then, I would be on that same trail trying to get some intelligent citizens back into the city. Not necessarily intelligent, but just citizens period. He is doing his job. I don't fault him for his efforts, though, I think they are more self serving to him, then the people who are listening to his speeches of a bigger,better,and stronger New Orleans. The levees aren't being rebuilt and I haven't heard of a time table for the reconstruction to be underway. This is a situation that I would question him about, if I were in the areas where he was holding speeches, and spreading his self serving tales. I don't know how many have jumped on his bandwagon to come back to the city, but I know I haven't taken him up on his offer. I will visit the people of the city, but as far as me actually living there again, I don't know. If the dreams of reconstruction become reality, and then maybe I could consider it, but until that time it's all up in the air. Peace to everyone who wants to be there again, but me, ask about me.

Dark Angel was interesting again, though I can't really recall what the episode was about. I know that Max was looking real sexy in it, as always. I think it's the season that she was cancelled, but I don't care. I will watch it like it's back on the air.

I recall a few months back, when I use to go the poetry open mics and slaughter my colleagues and open up the mental capacities of the audience. It sends chills down my spine to actually realize, how days, though always followed by another, changes our lives.

til next time, hunt for the kill to save the starving villagers, and roam safely in the wilderness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home