Monday, December 25, 2006

Say it Loud!

I can't recall the exact age I was when I first heard those words, from the famous mouth of James Brown, but I can recall the effect they had on me. Those words said with such strength and conviction, that being black was at that themoment the best race to be in any years on planet Earth. It made an enormous annonuncement of Black power and character, and James Brown was our leader that day and many years after. James Brown inspired so many people in his lifetime that it would be unfair to him to even estimate by sheer guessing. No matter how large the number is, you would always being leaving some people out. James Brown not only gave a face to his generation, but he gave an enormous glaring positive shadow to my generation as well. This man bypassed race when it came to influence, through the talents that he nurtured and shared with us all that he became an icon while still alive to the world.

When I think of James Brown, my fondest memory is when he is shown on the Ed Sullivan t.v show, and he kicks the mic stand and splits and pops right back up. That split signified a new era in modern music and increased fans from that point from a new audience of people. The Godfather of Soul, one of his many monikers that stuck to him like super glue. James Brown the most charismatic performer since, well, there was never another who performed quite like him. Rest in Perfection, Mr. James Brown.

hunt for the kill to save the starving villagers, and roam safely in the wilderness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home