Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I thank you, Ms.Hughes!

I never properly thanked Ms.Hughes for teaching me the arrangements on a keyboard, back in high school. She taught me how to type and keep my eyes on the screen. How to let my fingers and mind do all the work. She was a wonderful keyboard instructor, and I was selected as one of her favorite students in that class. I still to this day can't put my finger on why she took a liking into me. Maybe it's because I never gave her any trouble, and I wanted to excel at using the typewriter. Who knows? I don't know where she is now, but I thank her for all she did to help me improve my usage of the keyboard.

DFW airport anyone? I was there today, picking up someone from my family again. It was funny this chick is comical. She has the rare ability that makes you not think of her temporary lapses in intelligence, and judge her as being dimwitted. I kind of like that about her, but she can become an irritant, but not to me. Her family thinks of her that way, and I try sticking up for her, but her family will have nothing of it. Her mother attempts at every turn to belittle the child, but deep down, I think she envies her. She envies her because the daughter is everything she used to be, and that just kills her. A novel of their lives I could write about, and that statement is copyrighted, like everything else I write. Anyway, it appears that the weather will be a hom dinger on tomorrow, and I will have the courtesy of bringing her and the baby to the airport for another round if the weather permits. There is talk of snow and ice on the roads. I have never driven on snowy roads and ice, and I won't start now. I don't care who needs to get back to H-town. I will not put myself in harms way just for the sake of someone else, I come first damn it, and the world or surrounding people around will know that for sure. I will miss the baby, she has grown quite fond of me, and I of her. She's the prettiest little thing, and she uses that sometimes to get her way. I admit that I am a sucker for those brown eyes.

Who else is a writers almanac junkie? I seriously breathe to read that stuff. Next to my stuff that's some of the best material that I read, and I love the way Keilor reads on the site. Back in New Orleans at 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon everyday it came on, and I would try to catch it when I got out of class. Man, I do miss those days when I was at an university. Nevermind though, if all goes my way on this issue I could be in one come this Jan.

Jessica Alba, I love you. til next time. hunt for the kill to save the starving villagers, and roam safely in the wilderness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home